Are you working in a larger museum or library or other organisation? You can make your very own interactive, multi-sensory museum collection, and teach yourself some new digital skills as you do it!
What's a Large Organisation?
Did you know that about 80% of the world's museums, libraries, and archives have less than 10 staff? Well, it's true. A large organisation is one that has more than 10 staff.
- Are you looking for a new way to bring your collections to more people?
- How about making a collection that you could send to a school class before they visit you?
- How could you incorporate an interactive collection into your exhibition or public spaces?
- Could you develop a collection that speaks in another language?
- What other media do you hold in your archives that you could unlock through audio?
- Are you looking to pick up some new digital skills or improve your storytelling chops? Do you have thespian tendencies?
- Would you like to initiate a cross-departmental collaboration?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, grab a Make Your Own - Large Organisation Kit to make your brand new interactive collection!
The kit contains:
- 3 Boxes
- 108 NFC stickers
- 3x 12-month early adopter memberships on the web platform
- A page for your Organisation on the web platform
- 1 Instruction manual
How are Large Organisations using Museum in a Box?
- The Smithsonian Institution is making new collections almost every month, for use in their awesome Traveling Trunks program, about subjects as varied as Potent Potions and American Women's History.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum is investigating the efficacy of 3D-printed replicas in museum collections via an AHRC grant, and developing a subscription program to rent out Boxes and Collections to their members and schools in the area.
- There are lots more examples on the Collections page on our website...